A. Speak with an admission’s staff member* at the institution where you plan to take the course(s) as soon as possible to determine:
- The application process for taking the course(s). The application for taking a course or two may be streamlined,so identify yourself as a transfer student and ask for the appropriate application. Usually you will be classified as a visiting, guest, and/or non-degree seeking student.
- What credentials are needed – High school transcript? College transcript(s)? Letter of good standing?, etc.
- What test scores (if any) are needed
- What prerequisites (if any) must be completed before you can enroll in the desired course
- Any assessments that might be necessary
B. Determine what admission and/or registration requirements must be completed.
C. Explore the transfer information that can be found throughout TransferIN.net.
D. Be prepared to provide some or all of the following:
- Official transcripts from the institution you are currently attending and from any other institution previously attended
- Official high school transcript and/or GED
- SAT, ACT, AP, IP, and/or CLEP scores
- TOFEL scores
- Visa documents
E. Take advantage of the web site of your new institution to discover the most current and accurate information about the transfer process, what programs are open to transfer students, etc.
Names of the people to contact and their contact information for each institution may be found at Transfer Contacts