Military Transcripts

You must request a copy of your military transcripts to be sent to the college of your choice for evaluation of credit to be applied to your degree program. Final determination of any college credit based on your military service, experience, or testing results will be made by the college you are attending.

AARTS (Army, National Guard) transcript

  • Available for service members separated or retired on or after 1981. Service members with credits/training for the Army before 1981 should request a DD295 and submit it for college credit review

Air Force transcript
  • Available for Civilian transcripts; Retired/Separated Personnel; Active Duty/Guard/Reservists

US Coast Guard transcript
  • All information available on web site

Evaluation of credit
  • Most colleges use the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services to award military learning. Check with the college of your choice for specific details. General information can be found at the ACE Military Guides (for Army, Navy, Marines).
  • If you have more questions about the ACE process, visit the Frequently asked questions section.
  • DANTES– Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support provides additional support for off-duty, non-traditional education programs.
  • DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) provide a series of examinations in college subjects. Available to eligible Service members and personnel at DANTES military test centers and to civilians at many universities and colleges. Here you will find a list of such centers. Go here for more information on DSST.
  • Some colleges may grant credit dependent on time served. Check with the college of your choice for details. You may document time served with the submission of the DD214 form to your college.